Earl Bales Ski and Snow Board Centre 4169 Bathurst Street, Toronto Snow Phone 416-395-7931
Chalet (after training starts go directly to race hill to meet the coaches). If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach. Racers should ski until the practice starts or assist the coach with course setup. At a minimum, racers need to be on snow at the race hill 10 minutes prior to practice start. Racers need to assist the coach with course take down after training is over.
Update for January 11 Training – Training will be on RAIN or SHINE. Bring your GS skis.
- Coaches for 2018 training will be Coach Dirk Vanhauwaert and Coach Vlad Nitz
- The training window we have is only 2 hours each day – so the expectation is that racers be on the hill at least 15 minutes before the start and report to the coach to get instructions.
- For 5 pm starts drop-off no later than 4:30 pm and pickup no later than 7:30 pm
- For 7 pm starts drop-off no later than 6:30 pm and pick-up no later than 9:30 pm
- It is also expected that racers stay on the hill and train for the entire 2 hour period and follow the directions of the coaches.
- If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach.
- At the end of the session racers should help take down the course.
- If a racer is not coming to training, send me an email.
- Racers should come to the hill prepared to train. Drifting off, eating and not participating are not acceptable.
- Parents observing the training is fine but only from a distance. Please do not provide advice to your child during training as this my be contrary to the advice being given by the coach.
Notes: On-snow training will depend on the weather conditions and availability of coaches.
Dryland Training (October and November)
Earl Bales Community Centre 4169 Bathurst Street, Toronto (make a left after you enter Earl Bales Park from Bathurst Street).
In front of the Community Centre at 9:55 am (sharp). We train in and around the Community Centre including the adjacent ravine system.
Every Saturday from 10 to 11:30am starting first Saturday in October and running to end of November weather permitting.