North York Ski Centre (“Earl Bales”) is open
Earl Bales Ski and Snow Board Centre 4169 Bathurst Street, Toronto Snow Phone 416-395-7931
Chalet (after training starts go directly to race hill to meet the coaches). If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach. Racers should ski until the practice starts or assist the coach with course setup. At a minimum, racers need to be on snow at the race hill 10 minutes prior to practice start. Racers need to assist the coach with course takedown after training is over.
- Coaches for 2019 training will be Coach Dirk Vanhauwaert and Coach Vlad Nitz
- The training window we have is only 2 hours each day – so the expectation is that racers be on the hill at least 15 minutes before the start and report to the coach to get instructions.
- For 5 pm starts drop-off no later than 4:30 pm and pickup no later than 7:30 pm
- For 7 pm starts drop-off no later than 6:30 pm and pick-up no later than 9:30 pm
- It is also expected that racers stay on the hill and train for the entire 2 hour period and follow the directions of the coaches.
- If a participant needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach.
- At the end of each session, participants should help take down the course and smooth out the snow.
- If a participant is not coming to training, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants should come to the hill prepared to train. Drifting off, eating and not participating are not acceptable behaviours.
- Parents observing the training is fine but only from a distance. Please do not provide advice to your child during training as this may be contrary to the advice being given by the coach.
Notes: On-snow training will depend on the weather conditions and availability of coaches.
Dryland Training (October and November)
Earl Bales Community Centre 4169 Bathurst Street, Toronto (make a left after you enter Earl Bales Park from Bathurst Street).
In front of the Community Centre at 9:55 am (sharp). We train in and around the Community Centre including the adjacent ravine system.
Every Saturday from 10 to 11:30 am starting first Saturday in October and running to the end of November weather permitting.