Race dates are subject to changes so check regularly for updates here and at www.alpineontario.ca Note: many of the races don’t have the hosting notes so the 2018 notes are posted for now until we get the 2019 hosting notes.
U8/U10 Events – Schedule (UNCONFIRMED marked with *).
1. January 19 – Glacier (Mount St. Louis/Moonstone) – GS – Coach Clive – Glacier Race Notice – SOD U10 PSL – GOOD ONE Jan. 19-1 (Autosaved)
3. February 10 – Snow Valley Ski Club (near Barrie) – SL – Coach Robyn – Snow Valley Race Notice 2018 U10 Race entry fee is $25/racer.
4. February 23 – Muskoka Ski Club – Fun Day (Hidden Valley Ski Area in Huntsville) – SL – Coach Randy. Allocate at least 3.0 hours driving time. Race entry fee is $25/racer. 2019_MSC Race Notice SOD U10 Huronia Feb 23 2019
5. March 16 – 17 – SOD U10/12 SOD AOA Rodeo Championships at Muskoka Hidden Valley – Skills/SL/GS.
Saturday, March 16 – U12 2 Run GS Event AM
Saturday U10 2 Run GS Event PM
Sunday U10 & U12 2 Run SL Event (60’ SL Kinder Gates)
Coach Randy. There is an extra fee of $200 to cover the entrance fee, banquet and coach for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday). 2019 AOA Muskoka Ski Club U10 12 Rodeo Please make payment to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5 to confirm registration to this event.
6. March 23 – 12th Annual Easter Bunny Invitational U10/U12- SL – Georgian Peaks – Coach Clive. This is an extra race which has a fee of $125 (covers entrance fee and coach).
U12 Events – Schedule (bracket 6)
The first 5 races are confirmed
1. January 13 – Chicopee Ski Club – PSL – Coach Robyn – U12 Race Notice Jan 13, 2019 – updated Jan 12
3. January 27 – Hockley Valley Ski Resort – Kombi. Coach Dirk V – U12-KOMBI-SOD@Hockley Bracket 6 Jan 27 2019
4. February 2 – London Ski Centre, Boler Mountain – Slalom – Coach – Chris David and Erick Begin from Milton Heights LSCRacing Host Notes. Jan. 14th-1
5. February 10 – Milton Heights at Glen Eden – GS – Coach Dirk – U12-GS-Milton SOD B6, Feb 10, 2019
6. *February 22 – Mansfield – GS – Coach Clive – Feb 22 U12 Invitational Longstreet Cup This is an extra race with a fee of $75 for each racer to cover the registration, lift ticket and coaching.
7. March 15 – 17 – SOD U10/12 SOD Championships at Muskoka Hidden Valley – Skills/SL/GS Coach Randy. There is an extra fee of $200 to cover the entrance fee, banquet and coach for 2 days (Saturday and Sunday). 2019 AOA Muskoka Ski Club U10 12 Rodeo
9. *March 23 – 12th Annual Easter Bunny Invitational U10/U12 – SL – Georgian Peaks – Coach Clive. This is an extra race which has a fee of $125 (covers entrance fee and coach).
U14 Events – Schedule (bracket 4)
The first 4 races are confirmed.
1. January 13 – Blue Mountain – GS – Coach Dirk – Blue Mountain JW Race Notice 2019 – Smart Alec
2. January 20 – Glacier (Mount St. Louis/Moonstone) – GS – Coach Dirk – Glacier Race Notice – SOD U14 GS Jan. 2019
3. February 9 – Snow Valley – SL – Coach Randy – U14 SOD Cup B4 February 9 Race Notice
4. February 24 – Muskoka – (Hidden Valley Ski Area in Huntsville) – SL – Coach Randy – 2019_MSC Race Notice SOD U14 B4 Feb 24 2019
5. *March 14/15 Craigleith/Alpine Spring Championships Coach Clive Specific details to follow.
U16 Events – Schedule (bracket 1)
The first 4 races are confirmed.
1. January 12 – Jozo (Blue Mountain) – SL – Coach Eric V – Blue Mountain JW Race Notice 2019 – Smart Alec
3. January 27 – Devil’s Glen – GS – Coach Eric V – Devils Glen U16 SOD Cup GS – Race Notice January 27 2019
4. February 9 – Jozo (Blue Mountain) – GS – Coach Martin (from Milton Heights) – Jozo Notice 2018 – Smart Alec
5. *March 14 and 15 Craigleith/Alpine Spring Championships Coach Clive Specific details to follow
Alpine Ontario Clubs Contact List – SOD Master Contact List 201819
You can find out what to expect on race day by going here -> WhattoExpect
Unless otherwise instructed – show up for the race no later than 8:00 am. Course inspection is usually from 9:15 to 9:45 am and races start at 10 am. If the race starts at 9:30 am then show up at 7:30 am and inspection is at 9:00 am. If the race has a PM start it begins at 1 pm. Please show up for 8:30 am for training with the coach.
Reminders Please check you racer’s skis to ensure that they are sharpened and waxed (tuned) and that the bindings are set by a qualified technician based on height, weight, boot size and technical ability. Make sure boots fit snuggly and are buckled up tight. Athletes must wear a hard shell helmet that covers the ears that is free of any stickers and attachments (such as a Go Pro attachment).
Results Lookup – U12, U14 and U16
To obtain results of races go to ALPINEPOINTS. CA or http://www.alpinecanadalive.org/
U8/10 group are part of the learn to race program which is a combination of alpine and freestyle terrain.
SX = Skier Cross, SG = Super Giant Slalom, GS = Giant Slalom, SL = Slalom, Kombi = Combination of SL and GS
AM – morning race be there at 8:00 am.
PM – afternoon race meet at the ski hill at 9 am so we can train.
Special and invitational races attract a registration fee set by hosting club (usually $50 to $65) and coach fee of $65 per athlete.
Race Registration Process:
In order for Club athletes to race the following process needs to be followed:
Parent registers club athlete with Alpine Ontario.
Club approves the registration.
Parent indicates to Club race administrator or coach that athlete will participate in a scheduled race (see below).
Alpine Ontario (Race Administrator) adds the athlete to the list of eligible racers.
Club registers the athlete for the particular race using www.acapoints.ca (This must be done by the Wednesday prior to the weekend race).
Club assigns a coach to the race and the coach emails all registered participants with the race information (“hosting notes” that includes when, where, etc.).
Club posts race info on the club web-site NYARC | NYARC
If you have issues in the future please contact Club (email@example.com) or Alpine Ontario (firstname.lastname@example.org).