- Pre-season dryland training (starting October and running to last week in November)
Whether your child’s skiing level is that of an intermediate or an expert skier, NYARC will be able to improve overall performance in a relaxing and fun environment.
The emphasis is on having fun, learning new skills and developing a competitive edge.
Registration is open for ski racing season for children between the ages of 6 and 20 (NOTE: 6 year olds may not be able to participate in Alpine Ontario events). Special arrangements can be made for older persons. It is mandatory to register with Alpine Ontario prior to the first dryland training session.
Benefits of Our Program
We create an opportunity to improve ski racing skills with out having to join a private club or travel great distances. You will meet families that share your interest in skiing and your kids will learn to race in a supportive environment with our fantastic coaches. All our coaches are licensed by the Canadian Ski Coaches Federation (CSCF) or by the Canadian Ski Instructors Alliance (CSIA).
- We help to strengthen skier skills through structured coaching and races over an 8 week on-snow program
- We help to develop successful competitive skiers by teaching them how to control and carve their skis
- Our staff of expert ski coaches will provide professional advice based on individual needs and the latest ski racing technique
Our Program includes the following:
Pre-season dryland training (starting October and running to last week in November)
- A minimum of 4 hours of supervised training per week
- On race days – coaching and post-race training and feedback
- On-slope skills and equipment assessment with coaches licensed by the Canadian Ski Coaches Federation
- Individual performance enhancement recommendations
- Lift tickets to all races
- Note lift tickets may be available for approximately 5 parents who help at the races
- Night ski season pass for training at Earl Bales Ski and Snowboard Centre is recommended and is the responsibility of the participant
- Alpine Ontario registration is mandatory and is the responsibility of the participant
- Certain program events and additional races beyond the standard schedule may attract additional fees
- Transportation to training and events is the responsibility of the parent and not the club